Date Created: 2017-08-29T08:34:54+0000
The company is responsible for the back office functions of an investment group (asset management, capital markets, lending, pricing etc); as well as the operations and financial reporting of the group.
The Finance & Operations Manager expected to be a key and pivotal member of the senior management team of the Group who will spearhead the company’s growth and expansion.
- This role will take specific responsibility for ensuring that the growth & expansion is achieved with best in class operating systems and efficient and effective operational standards, coupled with controls to manage all and any associated risks during this dynamic growth stage.
- Provide oversight of the finance team. Please note that a Group CFO is in place (however not based in Mauritius), thus the successful candidate will just oversee the team on the ground.
- Direct day-to-day operations of the business.
- Provide strategic financial oversight, including preparation of an annual budget and monthly tracking.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the IT infrastructure, core operational applications and administrative staff involved in delivering core services (excluding the Group IT platform).
- Evaluate technology applications and systems for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Develop new systems and processes to meet growth objectives for the business and to improve service to clients.
- Achieve corporate goals through the ongoing selection, performance management and development of employees.
- Maintain responsibility for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal processes.
- Lead strategic planning as a member of the executive management team.
- Implement management reports and business intelligence tools needed to track and measure performance of all business lines.
- Implement service level agreements with all clients and ensure delivery within agreed service levels.
- Monitor compliance, licensing and errors and omissions coverage.
- Oversee all aspects of facilities management.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and manage those relationships.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A qualified Chartered Accountant (strong preference) or Master in Business Administration qualified individual will be considered for this role.
- The company will only look at candidates who have no less than eight to ten years relevant working experience.
- Direct experience should have been obtained in at least one of the following: Investment Administration Services, Credit Administration Services or Capital Markets Administration Services.
- The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role at a medium to large company that operates on various platforms.
- Previous experience within the financial services industry (preferably asset management, investment banking, insurance or 3rd party outsource providers) and specifically in portfolio pricing will be highly advantageous.
- IT knowledge is essential.
- Previous exposure to Africa or an emerging market will be advantageous.
- An excellent command of English, both written and verbal, is a requirement of the job.
- The company is willing to consider South African / other suitable international candidates for this role (preference will be for candidates already based in Mauritius).
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.