CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2018-03-15T11:26:42+00:00
Reference Number: LIP29
Reference Number: GBB
We are looking for an individual who has experience in purchasing fruit (and vegetables) for Export to join the procurement team based in Paarl in the role of Senior Fruit Buyer. We are looking for a determined individual who will stop at nothing to ensure a good working relationship between the client and its Fruit (and vegetable) suppliers.
Our procurement department in Paarl comprises of two other specialised individuals experienced in their fields and in the products and services that they manage. This ensures that our suppliers experience focused, relevant and professional feedback and can discuss strategies on a per market basis.
- Purchasing of deciduous and citrus fruit with existing and new South African suppliers;
- Price negotiations with growers and packhouses;
- Implementation of seasonal programs;
- Quality control;
- Dealing with claims and negotiating the best settlement for our clients;
- Reporting on the availability and range of the fruit (and vegetables) to our Business Development Managers.
- Extensive knowledge of local South African fruit (and vegetable) growers and packhouses;
- Extensive knowledge of international fruit (and vegetable) growers and packhouses;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the procurement / buying field;
- Experience in building relationships with growers and a successful track record of doing so;
- Experience in negotiating and implementing systems;
- Extensive knowledge of fruit (and vegetables), their seasonality and quality standards;
- A successful record in the fruit procurement field;
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.