Oprah Winfrey is an American media executive, actress, talk show host, producer and philanthropist. She was born into poverty to a teenage single mother, and raised in inner-city Milwaukee.
The Oprah Winfrey Show was the highest-rated TV program of its kind in history and earned her the title of “Queen of All Media.” Oprah was the richest African American of the 20th century and North America’s first black multi-billionaire. As well as making her exceptionally wealthy, Oprah has used the power and influence she has gained in the media to help others and has been ranked as “the greatest black philanthropist” in American history.
Winfrey has transitioned her hit talk show into a media, entertainment and business empire. Forbes estimates her net worth to be around $2.5B. She is one of the most powerful and influential women in the world.
Here are a few of Oprah Winfrey’s best quotes:
- “Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.”
- “If you don’t heal the wounds of your childhood, you bleed into the future.”
- “Everybody has a story. And there is something to be learned from every experience.”
- “If you’re sitting around waiting on somebody to save you, to fix you, to even help you, you are wasting your time because only you have the power to take responsibility to move your life forward.”
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”
- “Purpose is the thread that connects the dots to everything you do that leads you to an extraordinary life.”
- “You need to dream a bigger dream for yourself. That is the lesson. Hold the highest vision possible for your life and it can come true.”
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
- “One of the hardest things in life to learn are which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.”
- “The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power. Facing the truth really will set you free.”
- “The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but on significance — and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning.”
- “So go ahead. Fall down. The world looks different from the ground.”
- “What I know for sure is this: You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more. To be more splendid. To be more extraordinary. To use every moment to fill yourself up.”
- “Leadership is about empathy. It is about having the ability to relate to and connect with people for the purpose of inspiring and empowering their lives.”
- Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.
Do you have any favourite quotes? Let us know in the comments below!