Richard Branson really needs no introduction, but here is one anyway. Branson is an English business magnate, investor, author, and philanthropist. He founded the Virgin group back in 1972, which has since grown to control more than 400 companies.
Branson expressed his desire to become an entrepreneur at a young age. His first business venture, at the age of 16, was a magazine called Student. In 1970, he set up a mail-order record business. He opened a chain of record stores, Virgin Records—later known as Virgin Megastores—in 1972. Branson’s Virgin brand grew rapidly during the 1980s, as he set up Virgin Atlantic airline and expanded the Virgin Records music label. In 2004, he founded spaceflight corporation Virgin Galactic, based at Mojave Air and Space Port, noted for the SpaceShipTwo suborbital spaceplane designed for space tourism.
In March 2000, Branson was knighted at Buckingham Palace for “services to entrepreneurship”. For his work in retail, music and transport (with interests in land, air, sea and space travel), his taste for adventure, and for his humanitarian work, he has become a prominent global figure. In 2007, he was placed in Time magazine’s list of the 100 Most Influential People in The World.Forbes currently estimated Branson’s worth to be $4.2B.
All this being said, Branson seems like someone who knows a little bit about hard work, determination and success. Here are a few quotes Richard Branson has said to inspire you:
- “The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.”
- “The best way of learning about anything is by doing.”
- “There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions in a way that serves the world and you.”
- “Respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress.”
- “If you don’t have time for the small things, you won’t have time for the big things.”
- “My definition of success? The more you’re actively and practically engaged, the more successful you will feel.”
- “One thing is certain in business. You and everyone around you will make mistakes.”
- “The art of delegation is one of the key skills any entrepreneur must master.”
- “Your company should act as a springboard for ambitious employees, not a set of shackles.”
- “Entrepreneurial business favors the open mind. It favors people whose optimism drives them to prepare for many possible futures, pretty much purely for the joy of doing so.”
- “If you spot an opportunity and are really excited by it, throw yourself into it with everything you’ve got.”
- “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.”
- “Material things are delightful, but they’re not important.”
- “Be willing to use yourself to get out there and put the company on the market. If you have to make a fool of yourself, make a fool of yourself, but make sure that you end up on the front pages, not the back pages. In time, it’s possible that your company will stand out from the crowd, and you’ll be successful.”
- “A good leader doesn’t get stuck behind a desk.”
We hope you enjoy this dose of inspiration! Please comment down below your favourite inspirational quotes!