Before I get started with the interview with Mauritian Automobile Vice President, Dilshaad Chuttur, I wanted to tell you about job opportunities in Mauritius that you might be interested in with a company called Africa HR Solutions.
JOBS IN MAURITIUS
- Develop marketing strategies and online campaigns
- Market intelligence and analysis of trends
- Recommendations for new payroll solutions
- Explore and acquire new customers in Africa
- Manage and develop customer accounts
- You will be trained in all the aspects of being a Recruiter for an international company
- You will work with our Lusophone markets
- This is an exciting Graduate Job opportunity
Interested in applying? Or know anyone suitable for the jobs and would like to refer the job to them?
If yes, then please get in touch with Kathleen Chu, an International Recruitment Associate based at our Mauritius office.
Contact Kathleen via the following methods:
Now to get to discovering more about the Mauritian Automobile sector!
Here’s your chance to find out what it’s like to work in this sector… 😉
1. What industry do you work in and what exactly are your skills?
Currently, I work within the Retail industry but my experience is mainly based in the Financial Services Sector. I have a vast experience in Accounting, Finance/banking, Change/People management, Strategic Thinking, Investment and Company secretary
2. What qualifications and experience did you have to gain in order to establish yourself in your industry?
My qualifications are MBA (MANCOSA), Fellow ACCA (Accounting & Finance), Associate member ICSA (Corporate Governance and Compliance) and Member CISI (Investments).
While acquiring my qualifications, I have acquired my experience in parallel by working in these specific sectors mainly in the Financial services industry.
3. What salary could a Trainee expect to earn?
In Mauritius, this would be around MUR 10,000 to MUR
4. What can you expect to earn after 10 years of experience?
Minimum of MUR 175,000 p.m. (ZAR 58,300 p.m.) as basic salary + benefits.
5. What is the most challenging aspect of your job?
To be always aware what is happening on the market and ensure the company is in compliance (Regulatory) and to be ahead of competition while at the same time ensure the efficient running of the business.
6. What advice can you offer people who are in the same industry as you?
To always keep yourself up to date and at the same time try to broaden your knowledge and expertise in other fields which will further your career by providing different employment options.
7. Which country in Africa do you think will be the next hot spot and why?
In my opinion Kenya might be the next place to be as many investors are looking at this country as their initial step into Africa.
8. CA Global has a passion for Africa and is a big believer in Africa development; why do YOU believe in Africa?
As you, I believe that Africa will be the next success story in the world and why not compete with countries like China, America and Brazil.