CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-02-08T10:14:59+00:00
Reference Number: LAS
Finance Manager – Lusaka, Zambia
Reference Number: LAS0001
The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the finance department and in particular, the accountability for banking, cash flow management and the achievement of Group objectives. The individual will effectively manage a team of individuals in order to prepare accurate and timely accounting records, financial statements and year end/internal audits. The Finance Manager will assume responsibility for compliance with VAT, Corporations Tax, Payroll Taxes and any other statutory regulations thereby becoming the key Group contact for such matters.
- Asset Management – Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of asset management/Monthly update and maintenance of assets purchased, sold and scrapped/Monthly update and maintenance of wear and tear schedule/Monthly update and maintenance of instalment sale agreement register/Ensuring that accounting policy in respect of assets is adhered to.
- Debtors and receivables – Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of debtor’s management/ For new debtors applications ensuring that credit application with supporting documents are received and necessary credit checks have been done/ Timely collection of outstanding debtors amounts
- Creditors and payments -Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of creditor’s management/For new creditor applications ensure necessary company procedures are followed/ Reviewing, investigating queries and signing of all creditor reconciliations/Reporting to Group Financial Manager queries on creditors reconciliations older than 60 days
- Stock -Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of stock management
- Bank and cash- Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of cash management
- VAT/TAXES Statutory requirements – Ensuring that all legislative requirements in terms of tax laws are met/Monthly accounting of deferred and normal tax on accounting system/Ensuring that accounting policy of company in respect of taxes is adhered to.
- Salaries/wages/Staff – Implement, maintain and adhere company policy of salaries and wages/Reviewing of weekly and monthly payroll with all supporting documentation/Reporting of discrepancies on payrolls to each individual head of department/Ensuring timely payment of all deductions to various entities
- Journals – All journals must be completed on the prescribed journal document
- Reporting dates – Management accounts, profit and Loss Statements, Balance Sheet and supporting schedules, asset register, instalment sale
- IT – Ensure that timely backups are made of financial information/ The Company operating procedures for IT software is properly implemented, managed and maintained/ regular maintenance of users on accounting and payroll system.
- Fraud Prevention – Ensure that proper Internal Controls are in place to prevent fraud
- Risk/Insurance – Ensure that all company assets are adequately insured in line with company policy
- Annual Company Audit -Prepare necessary audit files for external auditors
- Quality Management. Implement and maintain quality management system (QMS) as applicable on administration department.
- Financial duties and responsibilities -Ensure an effective financial system is implemented and maintained on all job related aspects
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Academic Background: Full Professional Qualification – ACCA, CIMA / Senior (Chartered) Member of ZICA (Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants) plus an added advantage of Degree holder.
- Experience required (minimum/maximum): 5-20 years, preferably in Transport and/or Logistics and/or Finance experience in an International Company;
- Thorough knowledge of Zambian Finance and Tax Law;
- Good understanding of the Business and Business needs;
- IT knowledge: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; excel; power point);
- Leadership Experience;
- Time availability (whenever needed to cover emergencies, including travel);
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Market related
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Lisa Stroud at lstroud [at] caglobalint [dot] com
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.