CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-02-11T06:32:48+00:00
Reference Number: 278 1102 MHU
Reference Number: 278 1102 MHU
Our client is in the mineral resources industry and requires a Group Financial Manager.
- Consolidate over 15 different entities/packs, mostly different currencies, to report in USD
- Prepare and provide accurate monthly Exco financial reports for to assist with effective operational and strategic management of the entities: Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Net Debt reports, EBITDA recons, forecasting, asset utilisation and debtors control.
- Prepare and submit adhoc exercises as requested from the shareholders from time to time (especially around quarterly reporting)
- Protect company assets by ensuring proper procedures are followed for cash disbursements and receipts, government reporting and tax items.
- Review of individual entities General Ledger recons and improving systems where possible
- Manage the financial covenants in place from banks and other financial institutions with the CFO
- Keep senior management (CEO, CFO and Board) abreast of cash flow status by ensuring accuracy of payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Ensure that the various models on QlikView and SAGE are as up to date as possible at all times
- Communicate with and manage in-country tax advisors to submit and return accurate information
- Together with the CFO, manage group and individual entities audit processes from start to signing of financials in those countries
- Draft Financial Statements for Group and various individual entities
- Recommend changes in office practices and procedures to improve processes to accommodate the growth of the Group
- Design and implement value adding reporting in the exco reports and day to day management of SAGE and Qlickview reports
- Prepare and assist with the development of annual budget and consolidation thereof for group reporting and importing thereof into SAGE & Qlickview
- Supervise and manage all finance staff and be responsible for the quality and accuracy of their work, adding to their development
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- CA or CIMA Qualification
- 5+ years post qualification experience in a senior accounting role
- Strong financial, accounting and managerial skills
- Strong ability to translate financial metrics into easy-to-understand management reports
- Team player and ability to lead a team
- Excellent communicator, planner and organiser
- Effective project management skills, specifically around managing audits and budgets
- Experience in the following systems is advantageous: Sage X3, Finnivo (or similar consolidation tool), Qlickview
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Strong FOREX knowledge required
- Previous experience in a role that operated with / in Africa (outside of South Africa) is an advantage; OHADA Accounting
- Must understand FCTR accounts
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.