CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-05-13T07:41:13+00:00
Reference Number: LIB076
Our client, with mine operations in West Africa, is seeking the services of a Port Supervisor.
- Ensure compliance of all operations within HSE procedures and best practises.
- Daily supervision, leadership and operational planning of the export corridor from truck loading at the Mine Site to delivery at Port prior to stock piling and Coaster loading.
- Performance management of contractors – Haulage contract, Laboratory samplers.
- Setting and monitoring of targets and performance.
- Control of the critical and time sensitive function of haulage and loading barges to sale on the correct tide and water depth.
- Monitoring of gross barge loading rates and continual improvement.
- Stockpile management including moisture and quality monitoring.
- Oversee all junior team members.
- Daily reporting on incidents and activities, and Immediate reporting of serious incidents.
- Overview and input into purchasing and procurement within the department.
- Create, oversee and audit Training Programmes specific to personnel and specific locations
- Mentoring and professional development of all staff towards international standards.
- You may be required to perform other related duties as assigned, to ensure workload coverage and will be required to follow any other job-related instructions to perform any other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor
Requirements: Qualification and Experience
- High level computer literacy in Microsoft excel, Outlook and relevant logistics software
- Driver’s License essential
- 5 years’ post qualification experience working in a Port related role in a Mining environment
- Demonstrated understanding of project management techniques
- Understanding of asset management and maintenance principles
- Experience in running a camp/liaising with contractors
- Working knowledge of tide tables/scheduling/trim and stability of vessels
- Degree level education advantageous but not essential if proven experience
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.