CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-03-13T13:30:00+00:00
Reference Number: GAS0073
Reference Number: GAS0073
The Project Manager – Operations is a position that exists within the Tailings: Africa and International Division. It is expected from the incumbent in this position to take up challenges related to the sourcing, development, management and maintenance of the Tailings: Africa and International project pipeline and lead the project management process on awarded contracts from order to handover after commissioning.
- Project identification and development
- Assist the GM and relevant BUM’s to identify appropriate opportunities within the divisions geographic target areas.
- Develop and drive an engagement approach for the identified opportunities.
- Assist with proposal submissions.
- Conclude each opportunity, won or lost, with a close out report.
- Tender submissions
- Compile all operations tenders.
- Follow a structured tender and authorisation process compliant to companies policies.
- Study management
- Undertake all required studies, from concept to definitive to a level as defined by each Client and Country Specific requirements.
- Projects register
- Maintain a projects register that covers all operations proposals submitted and studies conducted as well as a monthly status update.
- Management lines/ Project Teams
- Management of internal and external support services in the execution of the task requirements.
- Mentor any internal personnel to better deliver on their roles and responsibilities.
- Provide technical and operational support to the operation business units.
- General Project Management
- Review all project submission reports (final designs, proposals, etc.) to ensure applicable standards are maintained.
- Attend monthly (or as required) project meetings in the Business Units and ensure that all opportunities are captured, resourced and executed according to the companies Tailings Project Management Standard.
- Manage projects within areas of specialisation.
- Design reviews.
- Technology sign-off.
- Report writing and reviewing.
- Technical Services
- Oversee the quality control for all work within specialisation.
- Alignment to the relevant FAT internal quality management system/s.
- Monitor and report on all risks.
- Action plans to mitigate all risks.
- Assist Operations to report on technical/service/ quality/project compliance
- Undertake spot internal technical/service/ quality/ project audits
- Technical input w.r.t operations (e.g. grassing and rehabilitation projects) – specialisation specific
- Standards: Identify, develop and specify internal standards within area of specialisation
- Strategic advice for FAT project solutions with operational spin-offs
- Project/technical engineering assistance for projects at divisional level
- Project/technical vision and supervision
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B. Sc./B. Tech. in Engineering (preferably Civil Engineering)
- Professional Project Management Registration
- Mine Residue Training Course attendance
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- 10 Years’ experience in the tailing’s operations
- 5 Years’ experience in project management
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- Travelling to other offices throughout Africa
- South African Nationals only apply
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.