CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2018-12-05T12:03:55+00:00
Reference Number: MIM
Our client is the world’s leading independent Apache Cloud Stack integrator. They design, build, integrate, and support IaaS environments for service provider and enterprise customers. The company has offices in London, Mountain View, Rio De Janeiro, Cape Town (Somerset West), and Bangalore.
At the company, they have a flat structure, are passionate about opensource technology and have an ethos of continuous personal development. It is relaxed, yet highly motivating, workplace. They are rapidly growing, small business offering rapid career growth to the right people as they scale.
Their Software Engineering team is currently distributed globally. They are now recruiting a team of Engineers to be based together in the Somerset West office.
Our client seeks multiple Senior Software Engineers to work at the intersection of cloud computing, DevOps, and distributed systems.
You will be based at the Somerset West office but be part of the company’s global, distributed Software Engineering team. You will also work closely with the wider Apache opensource community, through mailing lists, slack channels and occasional physical meetings. Your role will be mainly designing & developing features, either from direct customer demand, creating vendor integrations or through the ongoing feature roadmap. You will also be expected to help, support their customer’s production Cloud Stack operations.
The work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, storage, and/or networking. They are a polyglot environment – developing Cloud Stack in Java and Python whilst working with many different technologies for integration. They then donate all their work back to the opensource project.
The team values collaboration, customer focus, continuous improvement, and the Apache Way. They will provide you training and mentoring but fully expect you to have a passion for learning new technologies and to work on a collaborative basis. They will expect you to work toward becoming an Apache committer within 6 months and to want to share your work and ideas through conference presentations and hackathons.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will be an experienced Java developer, having spent time developing complex distributed systems.
- You will be able to grasp complex architectural issues in a wide variety of fields.
- You will have a proven ability to (and the desire to) quickly learn new technologies combined with a proven record in delivering solid software.
- You will have experience working in collaborative open source projects
- You will prefer wearing jeans to a suit but be happy to work with guys in suits.
Education & Experience Required:
- 3+ years of core Java development experience in a distributed system environment with an emphasis on networking and multi-threading.
- Experience tuning the JVM to support production workloads, Spring, and Maven are highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system in either an RHEL/CentOS or Ubuntu environment
- Usage and/or development of an IaaS orchestration platform (e.g. Eucalyptus, Cloudstack, OpenStack, etc.)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (such as ESXi, KVM, Xen) is required. API for managing platform virtualization like LibVirt is a plus
- Experience of writing Python to develop system automation and test scripts
- Familiarity with a configuration management tool (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.) and MySQL Database Development
- Knowledge of networking and storage infrastructure automation strongly desired
- Knowledge of container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Excellent spoken and written English and the ability to work as part of a team
- BSc (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Duration: Perm
- Salary: Excellent salary and bonus scheme, Flexible holiday and annual leave policy
- Location: Somerset West, Cape Town
- Travel: The position will require occasional international travel to different offices, conferences and customer sites.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.