CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-03-26T12:10:12+00:00
Reference Number: 287 2603 MHU
Reference Number: 287 2603 MHU
Drive best practice Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) management within the Company through the maintenance and upgrading of the Company’s systems and processes that ensure a strong culture of proactive and positive management. Support the company to ensure SHEQ is world class. A key focus of the above will be ensuring zero harm to all employees both based at Head Office or on site.
- Maintain as well as develop and implement an approved strategy for SHEQ management.
- Review, determine and implement an appropriate SHEQ infrastructure.
- Develop, drive and communicates SHEQ initiatives and relevant policies in line with current thinking and international best practice.
- Work with appropriate staff members to establish the control environment that (1) monitor SHEQ risk across the business, (2) oversees and enforces management policies and limits, (3) instils the discipline to close significant gaps in SHEQ risk management capabilities and (4) ensure that organisational cultural concerns are being managed effectively.
- Assist Exco with monitoring the businesses critical SHEQ risks.
- Direct the SHEQ function with respect to:
- (a) the collection, aggregation and interpretation of data points obtained from business and support units regarding SHEQ performance and exposure to potential future events, and
- (b) the assembly and distribution of such reports
- Ensures that the organisation is aligned to ISO / international standards and that the necessary legal registers are in place.
- Drives the development of the health and safety management team through strong leadership.
- Communicate and facilitates the use of appropriate SHEQ methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Establish enabling frameworks, such as a common SHEQ language, with which to facilitate the collection, analysis, synthesis and sharing of management data, information and knowledge.
- Validate measurement methodologies in place to ascertain the integrity of the underlying data and the reliability of reports.
- Facilitates sharing of best SHEQ risk management practices across the business.
- Facilitate companywide SHEQ risk assessments and monitor the capabilities around managing the priority risks across the organisation.
- Coordinate the application of SHEQ risk assessment across the organisation to obtain a companywide view.
- Work with the business to establish, maintain, and continuously improve SHEQ risk management capabilities companywide.
- Conduct SHEQ education and training from time to time.
- Implement appropriate health and safety risk reporting to the MD and Exco.
- Develop measurement methodologies and monitoring methods, which aggregate SHEQ exposure on a companywide basis.
- Drives the use of new technology to ensure efficient and effective health and safety reporting and management.
- Support the reporting of risk exposure and monitoring results to the MD and Exco.
- Manage the Quality Management System (QMS), which include:
- (a) Improving the QMS through auditing and data analysis;
- (b) Taking ownership of the Quality procedures;
- (c) Aligning the QMS with international standards;
- (d) Conducting induction and training to the QMS;
- (e) Managing non-conformance to the system
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A related tertiary qualification (Engineering, Health and Safety related)
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in both the mining industry and health and safety and/or SHEQ management
- Expert health, safety and quality knowledge and skills.
- Good environmental knowledge and skills.
- People management and motivational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent quality control skills.
- Computer skills (MS Office and other relevant systems).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent coordination and administration skills.
- Very good report writing skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.