CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-04-12T08:16:04+00:00
Reference Number: RSB
Reference Number: RSB
- A leading Commercial bank in Mauritius is looking to strengthening its team through the appointment of Sustainability & Debt Governance Manager to ensure compliance with environment, social and debt governance practices in its banking operations. This individual will report to the Chief Risk Officer and will be responsible for promotion of best international practice standards in sustainable development and environmental protection, provision of advice and support to clients that help manage environmental and social risk, enhance development outcomes, support and add value to client’s businesses.
- Ensuring that environmental and social risks inherent in company credit and investment portfolios are effectively identified, measured and managed, within the framework provided by the company’s Environmental and Social Risk Management Policy.
- Ensuring that an environmental and social risk identification, assessment and monitoring is fully embedded in the company’s Enterprise-wide Risk Management Framework (EWRMF) and Management Information System.
- Ensuring effective monitoring, management and reporting of the governance surrounding DFI debt to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions of the facilities granted.
- Monitoring of the variables assigned by Care Ratings, together with assessment of metrics and a quarterly basis supplemented by stress tests and scenario analysis.
- Work collaboratively with the different stakeholders across the Bank to develop, coordinate, promote and embed the Sustainability initiatives.
- Educating the Bank’s Employees about environmental and social risk management training, particularly as regards the Business originators.
- Carry out and Assess/audit current working and business practices to establish targets for sustainability efforts and to ensure measurable and continued improvement in sustainability practices.
- Implement the approved sustainability program across the Bank.
- Devise metrics/key performance indicators to enable informed decisions & Provide data and input in annual and other relevant reports
- Provide recommendations to incorporate sustainability strategy with the Bank’s strategy.
- Participation in external sustainability forums and platforms;
- Monitor E & S and sustainability projects budgets and take necessary steps to optimise use of resources.
- Whenever required, work with clients to define steps (often in the form of E&S Action Plan) needed to meet the requirements of IFC’s Performance Standards and the World Bank Group’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Actively work with Transaction/Front Office Teams to ensure the effective monitoring of obligor environmental and social risk performance, carry out regular site visits, directly with the client and/or in collaboration with the Transaction/Front Office Teams and flag any breaches.
- Identify opportunities for adding value in an investment project structure related to environmental and social opportunities above and beyond risk management, if and when appropriate
- Periodically review and continuously ensure that the company’s Environmental and Social Risk Management Policy is fully and appropriately implemented and flag any breaches.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the fields of sustainable development, particularly about applications to the finance sector.
- Maintain and foster mutually beneficial relationships with DFIs and the Rating Agencies.
- Minimisation of losses caused through impairment of equity investment through effective portfolio management and use of risk mitigation measures.
- Ensure Company’s management of Environmental and Social Risk Management adheres to international best practice, as defined by the IFC Performance Standards of Sustainability, as subsequently updated.
- Proactive advisory role in respect of potential issues that could negatively affect the DFI funding and the Bank’s credit rating.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Graduate degree in relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 4 years of practical experience in environmental and/or social management and 15 years’ experience working in a financial institution will be a definite advantage.
- A combination of E&S and engineering training and skillsets would be a definite advantage.
- Experience and familiarity with the IFC Performance Standards, World Bank Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Guidelines. Alternatively, experience and familiarity with the ILO Core Labour Standards, will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written English & French language skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyse diverse information and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good team player who can work as a member of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Mauritian nationals preferred.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.