CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-09-13T07:44:01+00:00
Reference Number: 336 1309 MHU
Reference Number: 336 1309 MHU
Our client is world class EPC offering solutions to both the Offshore and Onshore Oil & Gas sector. The main purpose of this job is to provide leadership and guidance to the Offshore Department by building strong Technical Capabilities/Expertise for providing comprehensive high quality offshore services; Determine & develop the offshore department strategy, objectives, policies and procedures; Integrate and align the department’s objectives with the company strategy and to develop and maintain a strong offshore Industry image. This role reports directly in to the Senior Vice President.
- Participate in the company strategies with regard to tendering prospective and further action plans.
- Development of Offshore Department in terms of:- Assessing the need to acquire new equipment and vessels; Modernization of equipment and vessels; Updating Systems and Procedures; Manpower development through training programs or new recruits; Motivation of personnel towards quality and safety
- Review of tender proposal, technical and commercial handover documents to ensure compliance and competitiveness of the offshore aspects.
- Ensure that the quality objectives set for the department are achieved through regular monitoring and taking necessary actions to rectify any shortcomings.
- Control the overall barge movement and assignment.
- Review barges modification/upgrading and approve implementation.
- Establishing adequate training programs as necessary for development of department personnel for improvement of their skill and/or quality of the work and motivation of personnel continuously towards quality.
- Approve the purchase of consumables and small tools.
- Approve the employment and appointments of Section Heads, Engineers, Barge Superintendents and principal operational crew.
- Review and approve department procedures (other than project installation procedures) and any amendment thereto.
- Approve the selection and hire of support vessels.
- Appraise department personnel for the quality aspects and its importance for offshore operations and ensure to implement quality standards in offshore operations work.
- Check the overall quality of work produced by various sections.
- Provide guidelines for continuous improvement of procedures, documentation and certification systems of the various sections.
- Monitor the performance of the main spread on daily basis and review with VPOO the main spread performance.
- Develop the Offshore Department to the levels required to handle the workloads forecasted/planned.
- Monitor HSE performance against set targets and decide on incentive schemes to motivate HSE implementation.
- Compliance in accordance with Company policies & procedures, Policy of Integrity & Code of Conduct and HSE standards
- Operate within a well-structured environment with a clear reporting framework.
- Provide direction and work effectively in a complex multicultural and multinational environment through a balanced, sensitive and objective approach.
- The nature of the Company’s work is contract based and consequently presents tremendous challenges in ensuring that proper support and services are provided irrespective of the location
- Reports directly to the Senior Vice President / Chief Executive Officer with progress reports and issues of concern.
- Project sections to discuss work progress and resolve issues.
- All department heads/representatives to discuss work progress and resolve interface issues
- Reports directly to the Senior Vice President / Chief Executive Officer and within broadly defined policies and corporate objectives.
- Ensure Client satisfaction, whilst protecting Company’s image and interests.
- Assist management in making decisions based on risk assessments.
- Accountable for the department’s operational performance, in accordance with established operating standards and principles
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 20 -25 years’ of professional experience in the oil & gas industry with a minimum of 15 years’ experience at a managerial level in Construction and Project Management of EPC Contracts.
- Outstanding leadership team building and managerial skills.
- Strong commercial and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Excellent planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead multifunctional teams
- Must have GCC market experience
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Market related package
- Permanent role
- Will involve frequent travel
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.