CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2018-11-05T08:18:47+00:00
Reference Number: GBB
Reference Number: GBB
We are looking for a General Manager (Warehousing) to provide strategic leadership of the country wide Distribution Centres and support them by monitoring and managing the daily results associated with warehousing operations to facilitate service excellence through the storage and distribution of quality goods at an affordable cost. Train and lead the warehousing teams in achieving a world class comparable optimal- and cost effective, automated warehousing solution in support of our customers through the development of local talent within the framework of company business culture, values and vision.
- In conjunction with the General Manager: Purchasing, the General Manager: Transport & Distribution, the Agricultural Engineers in the field and all supporting structures, develop and execute the local resource management-, storage-, distribution- and specifically, the local supplier development plan.
- Support the General Manager: Purchasing and the General Manager: Transport & Distribution in a collaborative team effort, to establish a country wide collection & delivery footprint and automated warehousing solution within the agreed overall logistics strategic plan.
- Oversee daily operations of the warehousing operational business units within the framework of the company culture, ethics and values.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a forward-looking automated warehousing strategy designed to match distributable volume- and business growth.
- Coordinate the development- and accurate measurement of key performance goals for functions and direct reports through the use of the established principles of Integrated Performance Management.
- Ensure the accurate planning and management of key warehousing management criteria inclusive of space planning, product classification grouping, volumetric weighting, actual mass calculations or the higher of volumetric/actual mass storage considerations to ensure optimal product storage and flow through.
- Provide direct management of key Functional Managers in the business unit and collaborate with the management team to achieve collective results.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members.
- Monitor spending in conjunction with the Logistics Manager: Finance & Administration, to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets, analyse these expenditures and other financial information in order to further develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits and improving services.
- Ensure overall delivery accuracy and quality of the unit's offerings to customers.
- Monitor and manage the accuracy of stock holding in the warehouses and stock movements in/out thereof.
- Monitor and manage the rotation of import/export containers to minimise the impact of-and/or potential for penalties (demurrage).
- Engage in key- or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and submit proposals for key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
- Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases, discounts or schedule changes.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Department, devise and conduct employee training sessions on subject matter such as materials handling, employee orientation, quality improvement and process adherence.
- Manage the operational outcome of ongoing projects and lead project management through the use of approved methodologies.
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit's employees.
- Report key results to corporate officers through the implementation and enhancement of sophisticated and accurate reporting methodologies
- Engage with corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Lead the identification and implementation of continuous improvement- and customer satisfaction opportunities.
- Identify and lead the team in social responsibility programs and interventions in aid of the company’s social upliftment program.
- Implement and manage the environmental impact mitigation program aimed at reducing the company’s impact on the biosphere specifically and climate change in general.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- An MBA would be advantageous.
- 5 years warehousing senior management experience inclusive of financial management.
- 7-10 years Warehouse/Distribution experience.
- Experience working with an ERP system (SAP, SAGE, Triceps, etc).
- Expert MS Office skills.
- Passion for subject matter, effecting change on a micro- AND macro-economic scale and for socio-economic upliftment.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management;
- Familiarity with logistics software;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to supervise and train staff;
- Problem-solving abilities;
- Able to efficiently work within a high-volume environment;
- Strong communication and people management skills;
- Safety conscious;
- Possessive of exceptional Leadership skills;
- Decisive decision-making skills;
- Orientation towards achieving objectives;
- Fluency in English as a minimum requirement.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.