Reference No. SFBLR17
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SFBLR17
- The role of the position holder will be to manage the Bank’s (Expected Credit Loss) ECL estimation process including the credit risk (impairment) models.
- Manage the Bank’s ECL estimation process including the credit risk (impairment) models.
- Work with the Finance, Banking Operations, IT, Research, and other relevant departments to identify and gather key credit and financial data inputs into the ECL models.
- Operate the ECL models to generate impairment numbers (for inclusion in the Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports, Budgets, Investor Update etc.).
- Work with the Finance and Head of Risk to prepare management commentaries on credit risk performance at agreed intervals.
- Work with the Finance and Credit Risk departments to provide early warning indicators of change in the credit risk of the Bank’s Loans and debt investment securities.
- Maintain key interactions with the teams (i.e., Credit risk, Finance, Treasury, Banking Operations, Research, and IT) involved in the ECL estimation process.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Must have a degree in Accounting, Finance or other related fields.
- Must have working experience in developing and maintaining IFRS 9 ECL credit models, preferably in the banking sector.
- Minimum 5 years working experience of which at least 3 years relevant work experience in a Big Four accounting firm will be an added advantage.
- Self-motivated and a good team player.
- Ability to lead initiatives, solve problems and succeed in a result-oriented environment.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft-Office suites – Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French.
- Willingness to work long hours where required to achieve the Bank's objectives.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Closing date: 16th February 2022
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to sfraser [at] caglobalint [dot] com.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
|Job Category||Banking & Insurance|