Reference No. LEEBLR49
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
This job role is part of the Bank’s Junior Professionals Programme. The purpose is to provide the candidate with an opportunity to acquire further banking, finance, and trade development skills in order to contribute impactful diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank and, where relevant, the successful candidate could be considered for a permanent role.
Reference Number: LEEBLR49
Given the prominent role that the department is meant to play in enabling the Bank advance its goals through various projects and initiatives embarked on in various member countries, the department will require an Associate to:
- provide an end to end business support to the PABF Department; and
- support and work with the PABF team to reduce time spent on less strategic and mundane business activities such as managing the Department’s Transaction pipeline, client follow ups, preliminary business reviews and transaction support etc,
The role will ensure the PABF team focus on strategic and high value tasks for the department which will ultimately lead to the department accomplishing its goals and delivering project finance solutions to our clients in an efficient and effective manner.
Reviews and Analysis:
- Preliminary review of all financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria.
- Carry out initial and basic analysis by calculating relevant financial ratios including, Leverage, profitability, efficiency and cover ratios, Etc;
- Assisting in evaluating the underlying financial assumptions of client’s proposal to ensure they are realistic and reliable;
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements;
- Working out pricing to ensure it meets the Bank’s stipulated hurdle rates as communicated periodically; and
- Make business /commercial recommendations on proposals to the PABF team following preliminary review.
- Provide analytical support in preparing the department’s budgets (revenues and expenses).
- Under the supervision of a designated PABF staff, draft a pre-assessment memo as and when the need arises.
- Develop and draft term sheets for straight forward transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s products.
- Track and manage PABF’s pipeline of transactions/ Deal register and develop analysis of the department’s transaction pipeline.
- Submission of departmental and status reports.
- Analyze and prepare relevant reports related to the department’s operations and business information from relevant business software (Salesforce, Finacle, etc) in a timely and efficient manner, to support the decision-making process.
- Assist with the review, developing and marketing of Business Materials to various target customers of the Bank;
- Advising clients on presentation of their financing proposals and requests to ensure it conforms to the Bank’s requirements;
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans for the department;
- Undertaking desktop research into business models and new initiatives; and
- Assist the PABF team with the due diligence selection process for transactions and support the officers from consultant engagement till the issuance of the final reports.
- Following up on action tracking logs resulting from internal committee meetings, external meetings and missions for the department;
- Monitor and track the department’s Service Level Agreement (SLA) with key departments in he credit value chain;
- liaise with relevant departments in communicating queries and feedback to clients;
- Supporting the PABF team with administrative services during meetings, missions and conferences;.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University or a professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance;
- Experience of at least 3 years with a similar organisation and familiarity with the major trade and project finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these works;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Innovativeness, resourcefulness and ability to learn quickly;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working knowledge of one of the Bank’s other working languages (French, Arabic, Portuguese) will be an advantage;
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrable organization and planning skills;
- Ability to complete tasks to acceptable standards with minimal supervision;
- Willingness to work hard and to devote extra time to complete the required tasks in a timely manner;
- High level of integrity and confidentiality;
- Experience in marketing trade and project finance products; and
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives..
- 2 years contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 29th March 2022
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
CA Banking, Insurance, Legal & Finance