Reference No. LEEBLR45
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
This job role is part of the Bank’s Junior Professionals Programme. The purpose is to provide the candidate with an opportunity to acquire further banking, finance and trade development skills in order to contribute impactful diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank and, where relevant, the successful candidate could be considered for a permanent role
Reference Number: LEEBLR45
The role is to support the Treasury Middle Office (TMO) relating to data analysis, data collation, model updates, system testing, risk response documentation, policies and procedure manual updates and middle office reporting. Ultimately, the role will support the TMO’ core primary remit of risk identification, assessment/measurement and reporting.
Debt Portfolio management and analysis
- To update the Debt Portfolio schedule on a daily basis and report on any movements including analysis of the causal drivers.
- Review the daily weighted average costs of funds and report the movements and causes.
- Review new borrowing contracts and ensure they are correctly and timely updated in the debt portfolio
- To timely respond to lenders on Debt Transfer consent requests (in liaison with Compliance team) and ensure that an audit file for all Debt transfer certificates is up to date
- To liaise with Front Office, GSFI and Back Office on new borrowings handed over by GSFI and ensure that all the handover documents are filed and complete.
Derivatives and Collateral Management
- To review the daily valuations of derivatives and explain the causes of differences.
- To review the Credit Support Annex (CSA) trade valuations in the system on a daily basis, reconcile with the counterparties and advise the Back Office team of any settlements/margin events required for the CSA derivatives.
- Monthly reconciliations and reporting of collateral balances.
- Review hedging effectiveness on derivatives that are designated hedges within the bank
Covenants Management and Reporting
- To maintain the Borrowing Covenants sheet with respective covenants from the contracts, and update counterparty details for the covenant reporting.
- Prepare and circulate the covenant compliance certificates on the contractual covenant reporting dates.
- Monitoring and tracking monthly covenant reporting.
- To review the supporting documentation for deals executed by Front Office (FO) team and ensure that all deals have deals attached to deals in the respective systems on a daily basis and provide status reports for the review.
- Review daily deal details and record any risks identified and suggest possible risk mitigants.
- Review the daily settlement diary and report on any risks identified on the settlement events.
Operational Risk Management
- To complete the monthly RCSA with key risk indicators for the reporting month
- To periodically review the internal controls within Treasury department and recommend enhancements in areas of control weakness.
- To collect and collate operational risk data from various sections in Treasury (Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office, Treasurer’s Office) and record the risk events in the Risk Control Self Assessment (RCSA) on a monthly basis
- To collect data required as input for Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP) Models and ensure the ICAAP /ILAAP data room is up to date on time for the preparation and update of ICAAP/ILAAP models on prescribed reporting timelines (monthly, quarterly, annually etc.)
- Updating the ICAAP/ILAAP reports with latest results from the model and from the bank’s risk management models on a periodic basis including updating the ICAAP/ILAAP reports narratives on an annual basis
Counterparty Credit Risk monitoring
- To review the Counterparty Credit Ratings on a monthly and periodical basis and report any credit rating movements that will be used as indicators in credit risk management.
- To update the counterparty limits in line with the Bank’s counterparty limits model.
- Following up on related Know Your Customer (KYC) issues within Treasury and providing related responses to counterparties on a timely basis.
Asset and Liability Management
- To collect and follow up with various stakeholders on data required for Asset and Liabilitiy Committe (ALCO) model update on a monthly basis.
- Maintain up to date minutes and matters arising reports for ALCO.
- Perform calculations for financial risk metrics such as interest rate risk, FX risk, Liquidity risks and others as identified in the Bank.
- Liaise with different stakeholders on monthly FX risk management activities such as forecast and actual FX open position reporting, and FX risk variance analysis.
- Maintain an updated high quality liquid assets (HQLA) analysis on a daily basis
- Maintain an updated Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) and Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR) template
Treasury Management Systems, and processes
- Carry out system testing activities for various systems implemented within Treasury department.
- Update the relevant TMO procedure manual documents on an annual basis.
- Participate in the upgrade and automation of various treasury activities to enhance operational efficiencies through optimum use of treasury management systems and tools.
- Develop and review appropriate financial models that can simplify the analysis and reporting in Treasury Middle Office
- Preparation of draft Middle Office test cases for user acceptance testing any systems implemented within Treasury.
- Participate in the preparation of request for proposals and project justifications for any new systems and projects spearheaded by Middle Office.
Internal and External Audit
- Preparation of Middle Office external audit final to facilitate a smooth external audit process.
- Coordinate responses for Internal audit issues for TRMA and update the responses in Teammate system.
- Following up on all internal audit responses to ensure up to date records are maintained at any point in time.
- Daily monitoring and update of the approved pricing model inputs from Treasury (cost of funds, and various dedicated cost lines for specific funding)
- Assist and participate in various projects that will be initiated and implemented by Treasury Middle Office (TMO), and projects in the bank where Middle Office will be a stakeholder.
- Collect and follow up on performance data required for Treasury Middle Office Tier 2 Scorecard reporting on a monthly basis.
- Complete relevant Service Level Agreements (SLA) sections for TMO where SLAs exist between TMO and other units.
- And any other duties as may be assigned to the jobholder by the senior management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree and post graduate degree in relevant area (MBA, Masters).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related area.
- Professional qualification in Treasury (such as ACT, CTP, other)
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse, change-oriented setting and well organized.
- Proficiency in use of treasury and risk management systems.
- 2 year contract.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 16th February 2022
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
CA Banking, Insurance, Legal & Finance