Reference No. LEEBLR35
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LEEBLR035
The position holder will be responsible for commodities research and preparation of commodity indices, in a continent where most of the economies are commodity-dependent, as well as periodic analysis of the dynamics in the commodities of particular interest to Africa and the Bank. In addition to informing investment decisions the research and work carried out by the position holder will inform critical reports produced by the Bank, including the African Trade Report and the Annual Report. The role will also include generation of econometric output for various research and Bank reports and technical reports for Senior Management, the Board of Directors and Shareholders.
- Commodity research to enhance understanding of the dynamics of commodities and its implications for the continent and globally;
- Commodity research to produce and regularly update Afreximbank African Commodity Index which has been very well received by the market and industry experts;
- Analyzing large data and interpreting econometric and statistical output in support of Bank operations and policy formulation;
- Monitoring and updating relevant data of interest to the Bank including balance of payments dynamics for African countries;
- Contributing to the provision of timely and relevant research and analytical support to Business Origination Department/Units and other Department/Units;
- Contributing to the preparation of technical reports, including the African Trade Report, Banking and Finance and Credit Trends in Africa, as well as other periodic reports for dissemination to colleagues, Senior Management and the Board through the Bank’s knowledge management function;
- Building and updating a reliable database covering variables of interest to the Bank;
- Contributing to the preparation of regular research reports to monitor developments in global trade and trade finance as well as the Bank’s key markets and products and providing timely analyses on their likely impact on the African economy and the Bank’s operations;
- Leading ongoing efforts to build time series data on trade, trade finance and banking in Africa;
- Participating in the conduct of cutting-edge research in economics, ranging from theoretical methodological issues to applied economics touching on trade development and financial issues covering sectors such as energy, metals, soft commodities, manufacturing and services..
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Master or advanced degree in micro or macroeconomics, especially specializing in commodities, trade, trade finance, or other related field from a recognized University;
- Excellent knowledge of Balance of Payment (BoP) analysis;
- Excellent knowledge of African banking and financial landscape including regulation, development, practices, among others;
- Sound and proven experience of at least 8 years in micro/macroeconomic and financial economic analysis, and economic research and analysis in a Development Finance Institution (DFI) or reputable organization and experience in trade and development economics will be an advantage;
- Research capacity in relevant fields demonstrated and supported by a track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals;
- Demonstrated experience in preparing research papers for use by the financial services industry and an expert understanding of quantitative and qualitative research and econometric and statistical methods;
- Demonstrated experience in commodities analysis including commodity indices;
- Demonstrated experience in economics of integration and good knowledge of the AfCFTA;
- Ability to analyze and interpret econometrics and statistical outputs;
- Good knowledge of statistical and econometric software (e.g. SPSS, STATA, E-Views, Mathlab, SAS, MICROFIT, PcGive, and Excel Spreadsheet, etc.)
- Familiarity with major micro/macroeconomic and trade-oriented database including those of World Bank, IMF, ITC, WTO, and UNCTAD, as well as Bankscope, etc.;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
- Contract position
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
CA Banking, Insurance, Legal & Finance