Reference No. RSBBLR006
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: RSBBLR006
The position holder will primarily be responsible for Supply Chain Finance in the Trade Finance department and be the Lead on delivering the Strategic Product plans to grow the Supply Chain Finance business including Factoring.
- Assist in the preparation of the product Marketing Plan for Supply Chain Finance for Management’s Approval;
- Implementing strategies for entering various segments of the supply chain market and factoring;
- Implementing marketing plans as approved by the Bank and actively securing mandates and business in the above market segments;
- Develop a strategy for the Unit as well as an Implementation Plan;
- Working with the Innovation & Product Development to identify and install appropriate software for Supply Chain Finance implementation;
- Ensure adherence to governance and compliance requirements;
- Drive and deliver customer base growth, achieve growth targets, maximise the financial contribution and instil the discipline to deploy capital effectively;
- Develop and execute on key strategic initiatives and programmes that will influence delivery of solutions to our customers across Africa;
- Ensure alignment across all regions and provide support to other teams as required;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Client Relations, Credit Assessment, Risk and Compliance;
- Act as a Supply Chain Finance champion to ensure that key objectives are met;
- Provide product expert support to Client Relations by structuring supply chain transactions and ensuring that Term sheets conform to the required standard;
- Be a key member of the Bank’s Factoring Working Group. Working with FWG to implement our Factoring Strategy as recently revised;
- Work with Intra African Initiative (IATI) and Client Relations to execute Reverse Factoring and Factoring pipeline deals while building additional ones;
- Work with Legal to put in place standardised documentation for Supply Chain Financing as need be;
- Evaluating and reviewing credit proposals and making recommendations on the same to management;
- Representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known;
- Any other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree and Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University;
- A recognized post graduate professional qualification in Banking will be an advantage;
- Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading financial services organization and familiarity with the major trade finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these work;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals;
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’s mandate.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Robin Botha at robotha [at] caglobalint [dot] com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
|Job Category||Banking & Insurance|