Reference No. 448-0702LH
Reference Number: 448-0702LH
Our client is seeking an experienced Tax Lead with a background in direct and indirect tax for the Africa region to join their team in Gauteng.
- Ensuring tax compliance for the company’s regional activities across Africa in accordance with applicable tax laws and company policies, procedures and guidelines for both direct and indirect tax.
- Preparation of regional tax effect accounting documentation as required.
- Assisting with global tax effect accounting.
- Preparation and lodgement of direct and indirect tax including fringe benefits tax and controlled foreign corporation returns.
- Assisting with regional tax risk reviews and audits.
- Implementation and monitoring of regional document controls to ensure VAT and customs compliance documentation is retained.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree with a focus on tax law and completed commercial training.
- 5 years’ experience in direct and indirect tax for the Africa region within a large company.
- Well-versed in corporate tax, transfer pricing, tax treaties, income source rules and VAT principles.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, implementation and monitoring of tax compliance controls.
- Experience in international tax law and managing tax concerns across multiple countries simultaneously.
- SAP and Hyperion knowledge preferred.
- Experience within the mining services sector preferred.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 12 month contract with possible renewal.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to llaas [at] camining [dot] com.
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.