Reference No. 621 1810 MHU
Reference Number: 621 1810 MHU
Our client is a leading OEM within the mining space. They require a Business Development Manager who will report to the Country Manager and be part of the management team. The role is important to drive changes in line with group strategy; adding value for customer, creating sustained customer loyalty, and generating financial growth and profit. They will also have responsibility for a separate PnL as well as operational efficiencies, to make investment proposals and manage their resources as per Company Standard.
- Make sure to have the Territory Management in place updated, as this will give the guidelines to set the right strategies
- Clearly formulate customer problems / needs assessments
- Understand ambition and priorities by segment and develop an execution plan
- Build a long-term customer relationship through a close collaboration and understanding of their operation in order to develop a loyal partnership.
- Have product and application knowledge to provide the right solutions, promote our technologies and their implementation.
- Understand competitive landscape and dynamics
- Understand customer center performance and apply right levers to drive it collaboratively with other divisions
- Understand and be responsible for the P&;L (profit and loss), Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Translate the divisional strategies to local level, on applications, segments and products.
- Build plans that will seek for functional cost efficiency and sustainable development
- Work closely with the Supply Chain and Business Control to keep a proper Working capital (inventory, receivable and payables)
- Maintain a good balance between sales growth and a right Profitable growth (UGP/MaCo). Always seek profitable growth while also growing market share.
- Set strategic direction, prioritize, and innovate
- Ensure proper channel is used for business, direct or indirect sales, or a mix of both.
- Market /Customer Share should be updated and always use it as a reference to increase your presence in the market.
- Proactive business planning on customer, market demand and trends to meet divisional targets.
- Create and drive innovative ideas to increase our presence in your market.
- Be responsible for compliance with the Company ISO standards by all of team members
- Work closely with sales and tender teams representing Company in big biddings where service contract is requested as a package.
- Support the idea of one face to the customer and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, across divisions, to implement this idea.
- Build your legacy. The business should last no matter when you take a new role in the company
- Recruit and develop team members, according to Company values and to perform at their best in their current jobs and potentially reach the next level in their career paths
- Embrace a team with diversity of cultures, nationalities, ethnic origins, variety of experiences and personalities and take actions to have a good gender balance in the team.
- Ensure every team member is contributing in a positive way to the Company goals.
- Make sure every new team member gets an effective induction to the role, and is assigned a more senior peer (mentor) for practical guidance in the first months
- Give continuous responsible feedback to team members on their work, positive and constructive;.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Honours Degree in Mining, Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years experience in a similar or related field.
- Passionate about your field of expertise and serving customers
- Sales/account management/business development experience within the industry
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; Ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent organization development skills; A solid understanding on key financial indicators
- Good computer and presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of systems, programs and processes.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- Competitive management package on offer
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to mhuber [at] camining [dot] com
Managing Lead – Executive Mining Recruitment
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions