Reference No. OT70
Our client is seeking a Chief Mine Planner to lead the production of mining plans a medium to long term time-frame. A key aspect of the role will be managing the life of mine (LoM) planning process which will be updated on an annual basis and will include inputs from the other MRM disciplines and the financial department. The incumbent will oversee the work of the mine planner and ensure that short-term planning is aligned with LoM plan.
- Develop and Maintain the LoM Plan
- Collates the relevant MRM, metallurgical and financial inputs and when necessary runs pit optimizations as the starting point for updating the LoM plan
- Carry out detailed pit design and scheduling for the LoM plan in order to optimize the overall plan in line with LMDC’s business strategy
- Runs various scenarios in order to optimise the overall LoM plan
- Give special attention to the waste stripping schedule as all waste will be used for the tailings storage facility dam wall construction
- Ensure that planning takes cognisance of SHE policies and related initiatives
- Adhere to Security standards, policies and procedures
- Signs off mineral reserves on an annual basis
- Presents LoM planning data to LMDC management as and when required.
- Ensure that the short-term plans compiled by the mine planner are in-line with the LoM plan
- Runs mining fleet simulations with TALPAC or other similar software to support the
- LoM planning process
- Analyze the above simulations to determine optimal pit configurations to suit the
- existing and planned earthmoving equipment on mine
- Liaise with the mining contractor and mine management to ensure that suitable fleet is
- adequately planned in order to meet the goals of the LoM plan.
- Initiate and manage mining related projects on an adhoc basis in consultation with the Mining Manager
- Give special attention to Ore blasting fragmentation
- Oversee project work carried out by mine planner
- Monitor mine projects and operations and make recommendations in order to minimize mining operating costs
- Monitor and assign work to allocated assistants when required
- Consistently seek developmental opportunities for oneself and subordinates
- Bsc / Diploma in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years + Open Pit Mining Experience including at least 3 years in a planning role
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lucia Baeza at lbaeza [at] camining [dot] com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
EXecutive Talent Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.