Reference No. SFBLR12
Reference Number: SFBLR12
A well-known client of ours in the Banking Sector is seeking to hire a Director of Internal Audit to join their team. The Director of the Internal Audit Office is a core member of the bank’s governance team and is overall responsible for working with the Senior Management Team and the Audit Committee in providing independent assurance that the bank’s financial management controls, risk management, governance and internal control processes are all operating effectively.
- Participate in the development of internal audit policies and procedures as directed by the Audit Committee and ensure that they are updated when needed to align with international best practices and meet the needs of the bank to achieve the objectives and strategy of the bank.
- Supervising the review and evaluation of the bank’s internal control systems.
- Supervising the preparation of the estimated administrative budget for the Office of Internal Audit
- Follow-up the procedures of the subordinate units and ensure their progress according to the policies and procedures established by the bank.
- Report instances of non-compliance and other identified issues as appropriate and provide practical recommendations to the Audit Committee on how to remedy such issues.
- Ensure that regular and periodic audits of the various activities, departments, and units of the bank are carried out, and reports on the proposed findings and recommendations to the Audit Committee.
- Follow up the implementation of the recommendations of the Audit Committee and communicate with the Director General to develop a plan to implement the recommendations across the bank.
- Cooperating with the external Auditor for efficient conduct of the annual external Audit of the bank.
- Intensive Contact with All divisions, departments, senior management, and the Internal Audit Committee.
- Relevant Regulatory compliance checks / audits and other necessary audits.
- Communication with external consultants.
- Post-graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Masters or PhD holders in the field of specialization are preferred.
- International Professional certificates in the financial field (CPA, CFA, ACCA) are a plus.
- At least Similar Experience of 12 years preferably 10 years in Similar International Institutions and at a comparable level of seniority.
- Audit experience with a Big-Four firm (internal audit or assurance) is a strong advantage.
- Fluency in Arabic in addition to English and / or French, (fluency in both English and French is preferred).
- Technical Skills:
- Audit and assurance expertise.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software related to management tasks.
- High skills in managing financial affairs, internal control systems, and preparing related reports.
- Knowledge of the functions and responsibilities of the Bank.
- Interpersonal and Behavioral Skills:
- Maintain integrity, confidentiality, professionalism, and the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- The ability to coordinate, organize and follow up with a focus on leading practices and continuous development.
- Extensive knowledge of laws, regulations, and legislation.
- Self-Motivation and creative thinking.
- Integrity and reliability.
- Time and performance management with ability to work under pressure.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at sfraser [at] caglobalint [dot] com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.