Reference No. CDTIT
Reference Number: CDTIT
A commercial Insurance client of ours is looking for an experienced insurance technician to join their small but dynamic and entrepreneurial team. If you like to work in a high-energy fast-paced environment, this is the role for you. They are small, diverse, and multi-cultural London-based group with affiliations in Bermuda, South Africa, and Europe, working with an international client base. The company has grown significantly in the last 3 years and needs someone ambitious and willing to get involved in supporting the business to the next stage of growth.
Their ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, be curious about all aspects of the business (in a small team, everyone does a bit of everything) but brings a maturity to the role that means the right candidate will be ready to run with things from the start.
As a small and dynamic company there will be opportunities to shape the role and grow into new functions as the business grows. The company has a very flat leadership structure and promotes partnership and a family feel.
The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years’ experience in any area of insurance. The role can support hybrid working but expect on average 3 days in the office (City of London).
The role requires drawing on a wide range of administrative and organisational skills as well as the ability to work well with clients and other stakeholders in the business. This means the ability to juggle multiple priorities related to client needs, data/information, document production, working to deadlines, and driving process improvements.
• Responding to enquiries from clients, brokers and underwriters in a courteous and helpful manner and ensure that all information required is obtained and communicated.
• To record all accounts receivable, commission and client premiums and ensure that these are paid within credit terms.
• Monitor and maintenance of KPI’s and/or any other Management Information from clients, brokers, and underwriters.
• Assist with the preparation of SLA’s and TOBA’s as required
• Claims funds – Dealing with insurers and clients in respect of setting up and maintenance of claims funds, if applicable.
• Provide administrative and operational support including preparation of slips, endorsements, policy wordings and invoices • Check policies and insurance documentation as appropriate
• Manage claim files and review loss adjuster reports
• Assist the team/business in developing a claims management system
• Assist with the loading of data onto the relevant client risk management systems (such as Riskonnect) • Contribute to regular performance meetings both internally and externally • To ensure compliance with group procedures and external compliance regulations • Support the overall operational governance and decision-making process • Any other duties commensurate with position or level of responsibility
• Organise travel arrangements if needed.
• Good understanding of London and/or international insurance market practices
• General understanding of insurance intermediary compliance requirements
• Proven track record of delivering high levels of client service
• High level of attention to detail and high standard of presentation
• Articulate with ability to communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work well within a small team
• Excellent IT skills in MS Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams • Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think clearly using logic and reasoning
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
• Working knowledge of general classes of commercial insurance
• 2-4 years’ experience in a broking or underwriting insurance role • Progress towards relevant professional qualifications (Chartered Insurance Institute or similar)
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit [at] caglobalint [dot] com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.