Reference No. 0108 23 SS
Reference Number: 0108 23 SS
Our client an international Independent Power Producer (IPP) is seeking a Financial Modeler who will assess the financial viability and profitability of our hybrid energy projects. The incumbent will be responsible for be responsible for conducting comprehensive financial analysis, performing financial Excel modelling, and applying valuation techniques and forecast project and company profitability.
- Maintain and champion the company Financial Model to evaluate project profitability, cash flows, and investment returns.
- Apply valuation techniques, such as discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis, to assess the financial attractiveness of hybrid energy projects.
- Maintain and operate the company valuation model to evaluate investment scenarios and company valuation metrics.
- Perform sensitivity and scenario analysis to evaluate the impact of various project parameters, including energy prices, financing terms, and government incentives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather relevant project data and assumptions for financial modelling purposes.
- Drive the consistent application of financial modeling across their global business.
- Prepare detailed financial reports, presentations, and investment memos to communicate project financial performance and recommendations to investors, shareholders, and senior management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 2 – 3 years of financial modelling experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Financial Modeler, preferably in the hybrid energy industry or project finance.
- Strong proficiency in financial modelling using Excel, with the ability to develop and maintain complex financial models.
- Solid understanding of financial statements, key financial ratios, project finance criteria and investment evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in applying valuation techniques, such as DCF analysis, to assess investment opportunities.
- Excellent English language skills, with strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Professional certifications such as CFA level II (Chartered Financial Analyst) or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) are advantageous.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employement Opportunity
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at sscheepers [at] camining [dot] com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.