Reference No. 11 06 22 VG
Reference Number: 11 06 22 VG
Our client is an international mining service provider who is seeking a General Manager, who will be the company’s senior executive in-country (Angola) managing all of the company’s assets including the development and operation of the mine, granulation plant and logistic network. The incumbent will develop the companies’ projects through feasibility into construction and operations in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist with the completion of the DFS
- Build the in-country team to manage and operate the project
- Oversee and work with the engineering contractors to construct the project
- Assist in developing the logistic network
- Liaise with government, contractors and key stakeholders to develop the project
- Managing the Mine Contract and Contractor
- Operating the granulation plant to achieve required output and within budgets
- Managing the logistic network including incoming supplies and outgoing product to customers
- Liaising with key government officials, contractors, supplies and customers
- Monitor and report against accountable activities in the project schedule
- Provide input on relevant areas to standard report e.g. weekly, monthly annual reports etc.
- Reporting actual costs against budget/forecast
- Submit statutory reporting to high standard in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain suitable document management systems
- Contribute to financial and commercial performance through sound and effective input.
- Contribute to the budget development and manage activities in accordance with approved budget parameters.
- Ensure efficient use of resources and completion of activities within budget estimates on contracts.
- Ensure accurate and timely project cost reporting.
- Responsible for developing and implementing (with assistance from others) an Environmental, Health and Safety system which will
- The GM will lead by example and promote a strong culture of looking after the health and safety of employees and protecting the environment
- The General Manager is expected to maintain and develop relationships with the following key parties
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 15 years’ experience working in a similar role within the mining, infrastructure or project environments.
- Suitable degree qualification in engineering, mining, processing or commercial.
- Extensive experience in ports, transport and logistics
- Operational Readiness experience
- Solid understanding of Mining Acts, Regulations, Standards, Codes and Guidelines for Angola
- Strong Project Management Experience
- Fluent in Portuguese
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at vgower [at] camining [dot] com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.