Reference No. LB37
Reference Number: LB37
Our client, is looking for a General Plant & Services Senior Supervisor to join their gold operation in West Africa. This individual will be responsible for monitoring, correcting non-conformance issues, identifying opportunities for improvement and improving operational performance of the general plant services, gravity circuit, and gold room by setting process operating targets, implementing improvement projects and correcting operational issues/challenges. The role is key to ensuring the delivery of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual production and operating cost targets of the gravity circuit and gold room safely and securely. This role will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Actively promote SMGO Health, Safety and Environmental actions for optimum performance.
- Partake in actively driven housekeeping and loss control.
- Maintain discipline and performance management among the members of the plant.
- Take appropriate actions in case of irregularities or emergencies in consultation with relevant stakeholders including plant Operators, Supervisors, Managers etc.
- Monitors and reports on any Security issues in and around the gold room, high grade areas and gravity circuit.
- Develops and maintains good bookkeeping standards for the gravity circuit, gold room and gold bearing materials.
- Preparation of gold production related information for the Plant Manager and/or Operations Superintendent
- Promote and support innovation & continuous improvement of work practices/processes in the gravity circuit/gold room/high grade areas and progressively built into the operation.
- Establishes and monitors all production KPI’s and develops and implement solutions for any KPI that is deviating from target.
- Reports and makes recommendations to Process Management based on operational information and trends
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of production data and generates gold room production forecasts (daily, weekly, and monthly) for use by Process Management
- Tracks all production and metallurgical KPI’s and responds to solve any KPI that is deviating from target within their defined area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental and Social Responsibility practices.
- Ensure every person within the team is fit for work.
- Tertiary qualification – BEng or BSc Chemical Engineering, Minerals Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy or equivalent.
- 10 + years mineral processing experience (preferably gold), including at least 5 + years project related working experience (preferably in Africa).
- Demonstrated operational experience with SABC grinding, gravity recovery, CIL and AARL elution circuits at a minimum, with TSF, flotation & refractory ore processing experience an added benefit.
- Awareness of relevant dangerous good legislation, locally and selected international codes.
- Conversant with the general criteria of the cyanide management code.
- Competitive USD package
- FIFO rotation 6/3
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lucia Baeza at lbaeza [at] camining [dot] com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.