Reference No. 619 1809 MHU
Reference Number: 619 1809 MHU
Our client is a multinational mining company who have an expat opportunity for a Group Category Manager. Reporting to VP of Supply Chain, the successful incumbent will work with end-users and relevant functional departments to develop specifications, statements of work, performance metrics, tender documentation, drafting and implementation of appropriate contract. They will coordinate with the internal procurement team to deliver best value solutions for the project, manage the tender/supplier selection/contract award and implement process ensuring effective communication is maintained throughout.
- Research and analyse data and market insights
- Calculate Forecast Purchase Price Variance(PPV); research and analyse market data on key commodities
- Search for insights into consumer needs
- Calculate forecasts for product demand trends
- Assist with upfront scope development, demand planning, market assessments, end to end tender process
- Handle tender management and evaluation, contract negotiation and change management transition plans
- Plan and implement long-term development strategies for product categories
- Recommend and implement phase out strategies for slow mover products
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors
- Interface with key users, ensure effective visibility of the contracting strategy, and build strong working relationships with internal clients to meet operational and financial targets.
- Interface with corporate and mine site-based operations teams to establish category management requirements from planning to execution.
- Execute the supplier relationship management process including but not limited to tracking performance metrics, supplier safety record, fluctuating cost drivers and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure timely and professional service to end users in preparation for evaluation of commercial submissions received in an RFx.
- Develop and execute defendable negotiation strategies and award recommendations to mine site and executive management ensuring the optimal price, terms, scope, execution, and supplier performance.
- Manage tendering, contracts and negotiation strategy, in line with Procurement Plans.
- Achieve strong, collaborative, and sustainable relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Work with end-users and relevant functional departments to develop specifications, statements of work, performance metrics, tender documentation and drafting appropriate contract terms & conditions.
- Co-ordinate with internal procurement team to deliver best value solutions for Business Unit.
- Manage the tender/supplier selection/contract award and implementation process ensuring effective communication is maintained throughout.
- Create added value (performance & savings) annual activity plans that support the attainment of business objectives.
- Ensure that department and individual performance targets are achieved through the maintenance of progress reports.
- Populate all Procurement databases and information registers, ensuring that key information is maintained and kept up to date at all times
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental and Social Responsibility practices.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s in Business administration, Finance, Engineering, or appropriate discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of Strategic Sourcing Experience.
- Minimum 8 -year experience as category manager preferably in mining industry, Construction, services or Heavy Plant related.
- Hands on experience with analysing big data and making forecasts.
- Analytical and critical thinker.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders across a variety of levels within an organisation.
- French / English language skills is a must
- Experience of working effectively in a senior management team environment.
- Experience working in multicultural environment, preferably in West Africa.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to lead cross function teams and obtain buy-in.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expat opportunity
- Competitive USD package for senior management
- 6/3 rotation
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to mhuber [at] camining [dot] com
Managing Lead – Executive Mining Recruitment
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.