Reference No. CV28
Reference Number: CV28
Our client is a global, leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts services and technical solutions for the mining and infrastructure industries. They are seeking an experienced Logistics Engineer who can operate within their supply chain department. In this role, you will provide and apply supply chain expertise and analysis on operations to identify improvements, develop proposals and project manage implementation of new technologies and procedures. You will also act as the regional WMS/TMS custodian to ensure systems configuration is continuously improved.
- Improve and develop existing and new logistic and supply chain solutions.
- Continuously fine tune WMS/TMS systems configuration and ensure that requests for service and system support are addressed appropriately and in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop and manage WHM engineered standards.
- Proactively apply supply chain expertise and analysis on operations in regional network.
- Identify improvements, develop proposals and project manage implementation of new technologies and procedures.
- Set the standards for continuous improvement activities in region.
- Coordinate and partner with other global hubs to ensure best practices are shared, adopted and are compliant with company policies and objectives.
- Keep abreast of emerging industry trends and technologies to ensure logistics continuously improves process efficiencies and customer service effectiveness.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Supply Chain engineering, supply chain management, logistics and/or business administration or similar discipline
- Minimum 8 years of Supply Chain experience. Must have worked in a similar role/ capacity for at least 4 years.
- Member of a professional Supply Chain Institute is desirable
- English proficiency
- Relevant work experience and an in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of supply chains and market trends.
- Analytical and commercial skills (translate needs from customers and the organization into feasible solutions).
- Training or certifications in project management, Lean, SCOR, SIX Sigma or other improvement tools is preferred
- Experience with working in WMS/TMS configuration required (preferably JDA)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Christo van der Ham at cvanderham [at] camining [dot] com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Christo van der Ham
Division Name – CA Mining
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.