Operations Executive (EXCO / Underground / Contracts / Mega Projects / Strategic / Mine Manager) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference No. 568 2208 MHU
Reference Number: 568 2208 MHU
Our client, a leading mining contractor is seeking an Operations Executive to position the most trusted mining contractor in Africa by ensuring that they deliver what they promise to their clients; safely, on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards. Through exceptional project execution and consequent brand reputation, growing the footprint of the Company in South Africa and selected African countries. Candidates must have extensive contract management experience in the mining industry and have proven capability of turning around a business. This reports directly into the MD Africa.
- Actively manage safety standards and improvement initiatives
- Participate and contribute to the development and implementation of the business unit strategy.
- Achieve business plan outputs
- Manage budgeting process
- Manage budgeted capital expenditure
- Develop, interpret and analyse result indicators
- Leverage information systems
- Develop and interpret strategic growth strategy for the business
- Build client service culture
- Maintain sustainable and profitable operations
- Focus on new business
- Actively manage business networks
- Implement and maintain performance management process
- Drive company culture
- Drive Employment Equity
- Provide development opportunities for operations employees
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mining Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Postgraduate in Business Management or Leadership
- 10-15 years at Senior EXCO Level
- Mine Managers certificate
- Experience not just within SA but across Africa
- Expert with underground mining contracts & services
- Strong TMM, raise boring, shaft sinking etc.
- Must be very well connected in both mining and contractor space
- Core knowledge required: Mining Operation knowledge; Evaluate Business procedure; Budgeting; Operational Strategies
- Require a high level of alertness and attention to detail
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Executive package and benefits
- Permanent role
- SA based candidates only
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to mhuber [at] camining [dot] com
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.