Reference No. CEBLR10
Reference Number: CEBLR10
The overall objective of this position is to support the CDCP office in effectively communicating key messages from the Deputy Chairperson both within the organization and among external stakeholders. The position will also collaborate with the Information and Communication Directorate (ICD) to ensure compliance with the organisation’s communication standards and formats when communicating information on behalf on the Deputy Chairperson.
- Support the development of the communications strategy and advocacy activities of the Cabinet of the Deputy Chairperson (CDCP)
- Support the implementation of the communication strategy and advocacy activities of the CDCP including material development, awareness-raising, campaigns, briefing materials, factsheets, talking points and speeches.
- Support the design and timely dissemination of relevant information to internal and external stakeholders
- Work in close collaboration with the ICD team to ensure that all materials being produced comply to the branding guidelines.
- Contribute to the creation and use of content to provide information to the public through the digital platforms, including the website and social media platforms.
- Support the development of culturally appropriate and acceptable messages for communication and advocacy work emanating from the CDCP.
- Identify opportunities for the communication of key messages and editorial content on various communication channels.
- Write talking points, speeches for the Deputy Chairperson, and in collaboration with ICD develop any briefings such as press releases, note to editors to be disseminated to the public through the media.
- Develop and submit regular reports of deliverables and achievements for any assignments given during the period of the contract.
- Perform any other assignment that may be assigned by Deputy Chief of Staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, social sciences, and any other relevant field with 5 years of relevant experience. Possession of an advance degree and professional certificates in relevant areas of communication would be an advantage.
- Master’s Degree in similar studies with 2 years relevant experience.
- Experience in supporting or managing strategic communications at the national and international level, preferably in the development sector.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant software for design, analysis and word processing.
- Ability to use modern digital communication technologies to reach different audiences.
- Knowledge and experience of content creation for traditional and social media and other digital platforms.
- Understanding and ability to apply modern marketing, public relations and media concepts and principles of communication.
- Experience in developing audio-visual content for advertising, promotional and publication purposes.
- Proven experience in development communication material for senior executive’s messaging.
- Ability to work in a multicultural multi-ethnic team of experts.
- Experience in developing and implementing communication strategies for national government or public sector, regional or international government or non-governmental Organisations, multinational organizations, advertising agencies or leading media companies will be a distinct advantage.
- Proven ability to take initiative, work independently, to manage multiple priorities to deliver under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong attention to details and accuracy.
- Proven ability to use clear, concise language in correspondence as well as including content fitting for the purpose and audiences when preparing written briefs and reports.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit.
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient and flexible.
- Ability to be pro-active and solutions oriented.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Caleb Ebrahim at cebrahim [at] caglobalint [dot] com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.