Reference No. 12 06 22 VG
Reference Number: 12 06 22 VG
Our client is an international mining service provider, is seeking a QHSE Manager who will effectively manage all aspects of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental across both the Company’s Granulation Plant and mining site. The incumbent will drive the implementation and continuous improvement in all HSEQ policies, procedure, and strategies.
- Development and implementation of the Company’s QHSE management system in line with the company’s ESIA’s, HS Management Plan, and Angola’s laws and regulations.
- Develop and coordinate execution of Company’s internal and external audit programme
- Lead management reviews relating to the Company’s QHSE management system
- Liaise with client and supplier QA/HSE departments regarding audits and contractual
- Provide an QHSE support service across departments, support project managers, involvement in tender or pre-qualification processes (as required).
- Provide guidance and information to management and employees on HSEQ legislation and HSEQ matters
- Carry out Company and HSEQ inductions for all new starts
- Ensure the Company follows all legal obligations in the management of HSE
- Liaise with external QHSE professionals and advisors
- Provide the COO/CEO with management information and advice on the development of QHSE policies
- Participate and support the Company as a member of the Company’s senior management team
- Provide management information and feedback to employees to ensure they are kept adequately informed
- Liaison with Group Company QHSE departments on matters that relate to system implementation
- Identify employee development and training needs
- Coordinate and liaise with certification bodies
- Coordinate and perform external supplier audits
- Undertake any other duties as the Company may reasonably require.
- Take a leading role in developing our training and skill development program including apprentices;
- Coordinate the rehabilitation of injured workers and the return to work requirements;
- Coach to achieve best practice and promote a positive culture;
- Lead high risk incident investigations and compile incident reports
- Report all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality concerns to the GM
- Ensure that safety policies and procedures are implemented, understood and adhered to at the work location, so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Identify environmentally sensitive activities of the project scope of work and include assessment during project risk assessments
- Evaluate the opportunities for re-use of materials from previous projects
- Monitor environmental protection measures during projects
- Provide sufficient facilities for waste storage, segregation, and re-cycling initiatives and ensure they are detailed for any materials used.
- Consult with all user departments to identify new environmentally friendly products and services as well as improvements/changes in industry standards that may impact the environment.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 7 -10 years of experience in mining, construction, or industrial sites as an Environmental Manager (or equivalent)
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science (or equivalent) from a recognised university
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001
- Lead Investigator, ICAM or TapRoot
- Lead Auditor Qualification;
- Familiar with Angolan Government environmental reporting requirements
- Advanced user of GIS package (such as ArcGIS or MapInfo) and Microsoft Office
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at vgower [at] camining [dot] com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.