Reference No. 374 2 RR
Our client is a global leading mining company, seeking a Senior Construction Manager whose role would be reporting to the Project Director and will be responsible for leading the overall direction, co-ordination and execution of the project construction activities. Leading the underground expansion.
- Overall management and delivery of surface and underground construction.
- Develops and maintains an integrated team, manages priorities, budget, interfaces, & administration of the site team.
- Provides people leadership, assigning tasks and reviewing outputs.
- Ensures all activities comply with quality and legislative requirements, implements and maintains Project Execution
- Plan and Construction/Commissioning Operational Readiness Plan.
- Commissions operational readiness teams, ensures proper maintenance practices for infrastructure, and assists with developing operational solutions for life of mine.
- Provides input and advice on construction issues, design, scheduling, cost saving, procurement, and problem solving.
- Builds relationships with public authorities and internal stakeholders, including the Department of Minerals and Energy and the Union of Mine Workers.
- Implements new ideas and methods to improve contribution to organizational goals and enhance company reputation.
- Operation of Site in accordance with the MHSA and Minerals Act Requirement
- Maintain and implement a site Project Execution Plan.
- Maintain and Implement Construction and Commissioning Operational Readiness Plan
- Formulate and implement a Site Organisational Structure resourced to deliver the construction requirements.
- Delivery of KPI’s as agreed by the Project Director, pertaining to all aspects of the site operations
- The project has performed below budget expectations and international benchmarks.
- Open pit operations have concluded, and efforts are underway to ramp up underground production.
- The construction of the underground operation is set to continue for the next three years, necessitating a review of the organizational design to ensure alignment with the work and efficiencies required to achieve business objectives.
- Investment: over US$2 billion.
- Current Status: Overall construction 70% complete.
- Ramp-Up Period: Production ramp-up expected over the next few years.
- Stakeholders – Employees and Contractors: A collaborative effort involving 4,300 individuals,
- Project Type: Underground mining expansion.
- Mechanization: Highly mechanized operations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Civil engineering
- Project Management Certification is advantageous.
- Proven record mega project execution
- Proven experience as 4.1 MHSA Appointment
- Deep understanding of South African mining regulations (MHSA) and PMBOK methodology.
- Expertise in project management concepts like cost control, integration, risk management, and documentation.
- South African Citizens are encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Opportunity to join and lead projects with a global mining company
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.