Reference No. 188 06 22 MNW
Reference Number: 188 06 22 MNW
Our client an international mining house, is seeking a Senior Projects Manager who will be responsible for managing the companies full (mine wide) capital portfolio. This position will site-based and effectively be managing the PMO and report directly to the General Manager.
- Manage and coordinate full (mine wide) capital portfolio on all legal, stay in business, efficiency and growth capital projects whilst maintaining and ensuring legal responsibility as required by statutory requirements and such statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Budget and cost control.
- Implementation of Operational Plans which support the company’s strategic initiatives, production profile and objectives.
- Provide inputs into functional strategy.
- Driving of SIB, Growth, Efficiency and Legal Projects to ensure the benefits of the projects are reached by the company
- Manage execution of the load-out and logistical processes and activities in line with approved processes and recommend remedial action where necessary.
- Analyze process and asset performance trends against targets and make recommendations regarding improvements.
- Liaison across interfaces in managing constraints.
- Optimize load out process to improve turnaround time and achieve targets.
- Develop COP's and SP's within span of control and submit to management for approval.
- Ensure effective implementation of approved COP's and SP's.
- System management.
- Ensure all equipment purchased is in line with mine requirements.
- Efficient Utilization of drawings office services for enhancement of existing plant, mine and new projects.
- Support quality control, quality assurance, and clerk of works.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum National Diploma in Engineering, preferable bachelors or higher.
- At least 8 – 10 years Engineering and Production experience in a Plant/Mining environment.
- 2 – 4 years Management experience as a Team/Projects Leader/Supervisor.
- 5 years multi-disciplinary engineering experience
- Accreditation and Registration with Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at mwernich [at] camining [dot] com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.