Reference No. 359 09 RR
Reference Number: 359 09 RR
Our client, a Technical Analyst who will assist the Reliability Engineer with fabrications, repair and scoping; critical spares management and QA/QC in this field. Furthermore, the incumbent will work closely with Supply Chain and Finance according to their systems and procedures.
- Design optimal wear profiles in close liaison with OEMs to obtain optimal life out of buckets and bows.
- Manage and set appropriate repair standards for all equipment wear materials.
- Evaluate and understand different mining operations and material to select the correct wear materials to optimise life of buckets and bowls.
- Manage the insurance spare pool to ensure sufficient spares for major wear components.
- Manage and set specific repair design standards for all weldments’.i.e Booms, Sticks, Buckets, Bowls, Side frames, car bodies, etc.
- Register all components in the SAGE/AMT asset register.
- Maintain the profiles of components in the SAGE/AMT.
- Keep track of the fitment and de-fitment of components.
- Track the movement of all components in the SAGE/AMT.
- Assist the Technical Coordinator with information for warranty claims.
- Provide Plant Manager with reports and information to be presented during Supplier meetings.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Must have relevant Tertiary Qualification; preferably N.Dip Mechanical engineering.
- Grade 12 (Matric).
- Weld inspection certification.
- Previous in-depth involvement with mining equipment wear and crack repairs.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement and SHEQ processes.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity