Looking to learn a new skill but not sure where to start? Well, why not learn one of the most in demand skills in South Africa? The job market is becoming increasingly competitive, with new job seekers joining the market every day. So the best way to rank above the competition is to tailor your skills.
According to research, there are particular skills highly in demand in South Africa right now. These are the skills recruiters are looking for specifically. The results were gathered by a large online platform for professionals, who have analysed billions of data points and have come up with a list of the top 10 most sought-after skills in South Africa. The general trend of this data reveals that technology related skills are ranking highly at the moment. Working with data will become essential for many employees across the industries. This might be because many of the jobs of the future are related to technology.
Here are some of the most in demand skills in South Africa:
- Statistical Analysis and Data Mining
- Java Development
- Network and Information Security
- Mobile Development
- Perl / Python / Ruby
- User Interface Design
- Middleware and Integration Software
- Web Architecture and development Framework
- Mac, Linux and Unix Systems
- Public Policy and International Relations
Most of these skills are also very high in demand on the global job market.
Top 10 most in demand skills globally
- Cloud and Distributed Computing
- Statistical Analysis and Data Mining (#1 in SA)
- Web Architecture and Development Framework (#8 in SA)
- Middleware and Integration Software (#7 in SA)
- User Interface Design (#6 in SA)
- Network and Information Security (#3 in SA)
- Mobile Development (#4 in SA)
- Data Presentation
- SEO/SEM Marketing
- Storage Systems and Management
Are you a specialist in any of these skills? Let us know in the comments below!